I tackled Psalm 119, you know the crazy loooong one. There were many recurring themes, but one especially I found treasure in. I had been begging God to show me 'what now?'. All I knew is that destruction had come and God had promised it was for my good (Romans 8:28). But, the promise didn't remove the pain. What was I to do with all of that gunk?
And then I found...
Psalm 119:28 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
So I got in the Word.
And then I found...
Psalm 126:5-6 Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.
Carrying seed to sow, you say... what is that? I want songs of joy. Luke 8:11 Jesus' parable lays it out, "The seed is the Word of God." Further on in the parable we learn how to be the 'good seed'. By hearing the Word, retaining it and by persevering we'll then produce a crop.
Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Hebrews 6:12 ...Imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.
Is anyone else seeing how beautifully this is being knit together?
Psalm 119:103-105 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
No comments:
Post a Comment