God just continues to illuminate scripture that is so real and relevant to my life. I've been blog silent, if you will... as I just processed everything carefully as not to misunderstand what He was saying to me.
I attended an Experiencing God conference hosted at Summit Church. I felt a strong call on my life to jump off the edge of comfortable christian living and embrace His invitation to do immeasurably more than all I could ever ask or imagine through my life (Ephesians 3:20). After seeking counsel and paying attention to opportunity, God placed a country on my heart. What He was calling me to after that was frightening beyond belief, but I remembered... Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord."
So I began to just search His Word, believing, trusting, praying that He would make His purpose and plan for my future very clear.
Then I waited.
Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope."
Lamentations 3:24-26 "I say to myself, The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."
Then I found confirmation.
James 1:27 "Religion that God our father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." God had placed Haiti on my heart. God also began to immediately open doors to lead me into relationships that would provide an opportunity to serve.
And then encouragement.
1 Peter 4:10 "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." I began to cry out to God and beg Him to reveal my "gifts". I pleaded for clarity and vision. I prayed for a passion and a path. In this season, I struggled back and forth with God. I started to drift from the call God had placed in my heart. I would wrestle the conviction away assuring myself that I had nothing to offer. I wasn't good at much. I was a coward. I would fail. I wouldn't follow through and so much more of the like. To tell you I am healed of these fears, would at this point be a lie. However, I ate a piece of humble pie as I realized that this had nothing to do with me. All my righteous acts are like filthy rags in the presence of God (Isaiah 64:6). God is alive and real and in the business of redeeming lives and he is inviting me to participate in that. He is offering up an opportunity to witness Him move big and great and mightily.
He has continued to do a work in my life. Constantly refining and perfecting the plan He has for me, which I am excited to share with you soon. But before too much of the plan is revealed, I will look to an example from the life of Nehemiah. In Nehemiah chapter 1, Nehemiah hears of the condition of his people and hometown. In verse 4 he writes, "When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven."
After this, Nehemiah acted.
I will go to Haiti allowing the Lord to break me and burden me for the people there. I will fast and pray and weep. And when I return, I will hit the ground running, throwing off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and run with perseverance in the race marked out for me(Hebrews 12:1).
"Let me look on the crowd as my Savior did, Till my eyes with tears grow dim. Let me view with pity the wandering sheep, And love them for love of Him." -unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment